Thursday, March 17, 2016

What a mess!

I'm hoping this is the messiest stage of this project...

The foundation was dug today, after two weeks of no work, and I would have better pictures, except that they are still out there, I leave town tomorrow, my laptop has to get mailed back to Mass. to get re-imaged, and I wanted to share pictures tonight.

First the fence came down...

Then the heavy equipment moved in...

And they dug and dug and dug...

This is about 25% of the hole...

And our Japanese spurge and patio pavers got crushed in the process. Though Travis promised to fix them, my heart breaks a little thinking about all the work we went to laying them ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! It will be beautiful. And your work on the original paver patio was totally worth it - many great memories back there I am sure. Maybe Travis can salvage a piece to integrate into the new patio :-)

    ReplyDelete