Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fifty Shades of Blue


One of our first projects when we moved in was to paint the living and dining rooms (it's really all one room) to get rid of the egg-yolk yellow walls. We used the living room rug as the anchor for the room and went with a light blue-grey color. After making throw pillows to coordinate with the walls and buying a blanket to complement the throw pillows, I decided I didn't like the blue walls (the other rooms we've painted turned out beautifully, so I guess every now and then there's a dud). Back to the drawing board - and Home Depot - I went.


 I still wanted a color that was almost blue, almost grey, and almost green, so after trying many more shades, saturations, and hues, we ended up with a blue slightly greyer than the first blue. :) The walls below are half old and half new; can't you tell?!? I'd post a "after" picture, but honestly the camera can't do it justice.


We've lived with it for a few days now, and I'm loving the new blue!




No comments:

Post a Comment